HOW TO ANSWER NECO English COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
1) Avoid grammatical blunders because there is a penalty for the use of wrong grammar. There must be an agreement between the subject and verb in your sentence.
2) Do not spell words wrongly. Spelling your words correctly shows your diligence. Therefore, you must take pains to spell your words correctly.
3) Your answers must make sense before any part of it is accepted for scoring. Therefore, endeavour to give the correct answers.
4) Where you are asked to replace an underlined word in the passage with another word, your answer must fit in perfectly in terms of the contextual meaning and collocation. For example, if the underlined word is a noun, you must use another noun to replace it and it must have the contextual meaning of the underlined word.
5) If you are asked to show a comparison between two things or more in the passage, your answer must show such comparison.
6) Avoid mindless lifting. Though you are at liberty to use the words from the passage in your answers, you must be able to use your own words or expressions to show that you really understood the passage.
7) Your answers should be in sentences unless otherwise stated.
8) Read the passage very carefully more than ones (at least three times) and make sure you understand the passage. The first reading brings you into close contact with the underlying message/theme of the passage